3rd International Conference on Natural Products Utilization 2017
date: 18 - 21 October 2017
location: Grand Hotel Bansko, Bansko
client: Institute of Microbiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
The 3rd International Conference on Natural Products Utilization: from Plants to Pharmacy Shelf (ICNPU 2017) took place on 18-21 October 2017 in the town of Bansko.
ICNPU meetings traditionally attempt to cover the wide spectrum of application of plants with special emphasis on the sustainable use of natural products, emerging -omics platforms and recent trends in (ethno)pharmacology, toxicology, molecular biology and biotechnology.
300+ experts from 60 different countries around the globe shared and discussed the latest developments on the field.
- Need to refinish the plenary hall
- Need to remove a projector hanging stand from the hall ceiling
- Flooded hotel rooms
- Lack of coffee-break facilities in the lobby bar
- Lack of professional guides in the town of Bansko
- As per request of our client we convinced the hotel management to redecorate and refinish the plenary hall 4 months before the event
- At the beginning of the conference our client requested to remove a projector hanging stand from the plenary hall ceiling as it might have threatened the security of participants. Even though it took time and efforts on our side to convince the hotel management to do it, we finally succeed and did it as our client requested
- Due to unexpected force majeure circumstances more than 15 hotel venue rooms were flooded at the beginning of the conference. All of these rooms had been sold to our delegates half a year before the start of the event. We managed to find and book at the very last moment optional accommodation for our participants at very good terms and negotiated a free shuttle bus for them to the conference venue and back
- A need of more coffee-break facilities occurred for our delegates due to their significant number. In order to avoid lines and time-consuming coffee-break arrangement we managed to convince the hotel management to provide several more coffee-stations by hiring coffee-break facilities from neighboring hotels
- There were not enough English speaking professional guides in Bansko for the tour included in the program of the conference. We provided guides by organizing their arrival from Sofia.
Many thanks for all hospitality and the excellent organization of this great meeting! You really created a great ambiance in which many new contacts have been initiated.
Prof. Dr. Robert Verpoorte, Invited speaker
Natural Products Laboratory, Leiden University
Conference and organization were great. Lectures were very interesting. We heard and learned new things, met with people from different countries. We think that is important for new friendship and cooperation.
PhD Student Milena Vujanović and
Dr Marija Radojković, Assistant Professor